[soliloquy id="455"]For a first timer this can be a little confusing to get cracking on the iOS Apps distribution. Here are the board steps involved in preparing for iTunes based iOS Apps distribution. Its a little long but will do the job. The good thing is the market belives that there are more paying customers on Apple iOS than Android. # iOS Apps distribution steps
- Login to developer portal at http://developer.apple.com
- Create Distirbution profile and sync profiles with XCode.
- Create an App ID
- Sync XCode with developer portal.
- Apply the distribution profile.
- Login to itunes ( http://itunesconnect.apple.com/ ) and Setup the App and meta data + screenshots.
- Mark as ready for upload.
- Send to Apple after validation for further validation.
- Keep watching. It can take upto 150 days. Normally approx. one week.
- Success / Resubmit for iOS Apps distribution if rejected (after correction).
Here are some more detailed instructions on how to accomplish items that you need to do inside XCode
- Go to “iOS Provisioning Portal” -> “Certificates” (Left sidebar) -> “Distribution” tab
- Check field “Provisioning Profiles”. If empty, next (4)
- Go to “Provisioning” (Left sidebar) -> “Distribution” tab. Press “New Profile” and complete it. Go back to (3) check the field again.
- Back to XCode Organizer – Devices. Click TEAM (Left sidebar) and click “Refresh” (right-bottom). You will find XCode fetch the new profile.
- Then validate or distribute you app again. It should work that I solve the same problem just minutes ago.
All the best.